Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Girls Camp 2008 at Heber Valley Utah

The end of June I was asked to be the Young Women's President in our new ward. Girls Camp was the following week! What a choice opportunity to get to meet the girls and have fun... Our camp was in Heber Valley on top of the most beautiful Mountain that President Hinckley dedicated for the Young Women of the church. It was the most amazing spot and the spirit was so strong there. There are full time couple missionaries who serve their mission at the camp..(wouldn't that be a fun mission?) We stayed in cabins and had running water and real live bathrooms with showers and flushing toilets!.. It was the Hilton Inn of Camping! There was 14 of us in our cabin. We did all kinds of fun crafts, hikes, challenge courses, skits, service projects and canoeing.. We were spoiled because our meals were all cooked by 4 fantastic cooks from the Malad Stake. We had lots of fun and hardly anytime for sleep--as we were up and going from 6 a.m. until midnight every night. (I was glad to get home even though I had a great time!






4 comments:

anotherhale said...

Your camp looks awesome. I bet you had a really good time. I hope you were able to get to know the YW in your ward really well. I just love the Spirit at Young WomenIsn't it the best! =)

Jill said...

Oh it looks so fun....you look as young as the girls... sounds fun for the 24th

Unknown said...

FUN FUN_--I am glad you had fun at Girls camp and got to know the girls! CUTE CUTe! I remember doing those flip flops when I was in there!!

Valorie Johnston said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun! The girls are lucky to have you!